Making Data-Driven Business Decisions
Every day, your organization generates new data on your customers, your processes, and your industry. But could you be using your data more effectively? Discover how to turn big data into even bigger results in our seven-week digital course.
90% of the world’s data has been created in just the past few years. Faced with overwhelming amounts of data, organizations are struggling to extract the powerful insights they need to make smarter business decisions. To help uncover the true value of your data, MIT Institute for Data, Systems, and Society (IDSS) created the online course Data Science and Big Data Analytics: Making Data-Driven Decisions for data scientist professionals looking to harness data in new and innovated ways.
Over the course of seven weeks, you will take your data analytics skills to the next level as you learn the theory and practice behind recommendation engines, regressions, network and graphical modeling, anomaly detection, hypothesis testing, machine learning, and big data analytics.
Through in-depth lectures from renowned faculty from across MIT, you’ll acquire the theories, strategies, and tools you need to answer questions such as:
- What is clustering and when should I use it?
- What is the best way to design experiments and conduct hypothesis testing using my data?
- How should I do the model selection and avoid over-fitting?
- What are the latest trends in machine learning?
- How do graphical models and network models differ?
- Apply data science techniques to your organization’s data management challenges.
- Identify and avoid common pitfalls in big data analytics.
- Deploy machine learning algorithms to mine your data.
- Interpret analytical models to make better business decisions.
- Understand the challenges associated with scaling big data algorithms.
- Convert datasets to models through predictive analytics.